We’re recruiting speakers for OMS 2022 in North Lake Tahoe!
Do you have a groundbreaking social media tactic that you’re working on? Maybe an advanced SEO concept or mistakes you’ve made in your media/marketing career that you’d like to share with an audience of your peers? We want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For
Our audience is ready to get into the weeds with technical how-to’s, screenshots, and screenshares. They love to hear the words “log in, go to the top right, click the gear, scroll down…” We want to learn HOW to do something. Not why. We already know why. That’s why we’re sitting in your talk. As a conference, we want to empower the audience to execute a particular tactic themselves.
There are three formats of seminar content at OMS. Keynotes, Breakouts and Group Activities (we’re not accepting pitches for group activities just yet).
Keynotes: What Makes a Good Pitch?
– This topic should be high level, motivating, outdoor industry related and ambitious
– Can be advocacy related or otherwise. Think big!
– An AMAZING speaker. The speaker needs to be able to show that they can move an audience. Clips from previous gigs are appreciated.
Breakout Sessions: What Makes a Good Pitch?
– These seminars make up the bulk of the show
– Breakouts need to teach the audience HOW to do something (screenshares and screenshots are the best!)
– Include specific metrics into the title of your talk. Even better if your metric is a percentage (ie. Increase Organic Search Traffic 10% Overnight with this SEO Tweak, Double Your TikTok Followers, etc.)
Weak Breakout Session Pitches Include
– High level, theoretical, conceptual, philosophical topics.
– Sales pitches. If the talk can be summarized into “Here’s all the great things you can do…if you hire me/us.” Then it’s probably not a great candidate for a breakout session but likely a candidate for a Sponsored Talk. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on Sponsored Talks.
Media speakers get a complimentary Conference + Hotel Ticket and up to $300 in flight reimbursement
Brand speakers get 50% a Conference + Hotel Ticket
Sessions filled with sales pitches and unhelpful high-level vague nonsense is not for OMS: AKA “No BS at OMS”. Because of our “no BS in your presentation” approach, folks have nice things to say in our post-show surveys: “One of the best shows I’ve been to,” “Sessions were epic,” and “I didn’t have a least favorite session.”
We’d love for your name to be a part of this “no BS” roster! If your talk gets selected, it means it was a damn good topic and you are amongst peers who are some of the brightest minds in the digital space in the outdoor industry.